The full moon has long been associated with the Goddess, particularly in her ‘motherhood’ aspect. But this spiritual side is not the only mysterious facet to our Moon. The following is a list of statistical improbabilities regarding the existence of the Moon which have perplexed scientists and philosophers alike since the beginning of human consciousness.
- Mainstream science states that the reason why the Sun and Moon appear to be exactly the same size in the sky is because the Sun is 400 times bigger than the Moon, but also 400 times further away.
- The slightest variation in either of the above factors (size and/or distance) would also mean that we would not experience solar eclipses the way that we do.
- Our moon is the only moon in the solar system that takes the same amount of time to complete one full rotation on its axis as it does to orbit its host planet.
- It is for the above reason that we are only ever able to see one side of the Moon’s surface. If the Moon’s rotation and orbit around the Earth were not precisely matched in duration the way that they are, it would mean that over time we would be able to see other sides of the Moon’s surface from Earth.
- If – as we are taught – gravitational attraction is the explanation for the Moon’s rotational speed and it orbiting the Earth at the rate that it does, both the Earth and Moon would have to have exactly the correct amount of relative mass/weight/density etc in order for all this to occur in the manner that it does.
- The average human menstrual cycle is also the same amount of time as a single lunar orbit.
- The Moon orbits Earth more closely than any other known large moon orbits its host planet. (Quote by Dr. Hugh Ross)
- The ratio of its mass compared to the mass of its host planet is about fifty times greater than the next closest known ratio of moon to host planet mass. (Quote by Dr. Hugh Ross)
- It is also the only moon in the solar system that has a near-perfect circular orbit. (R. Regehr)
- And also factor in the astonishing coincidence that life exists on Earth at all. Not only that, but life that’s also intelligent enough to have an understanding and appreciation of all the phenomena listed above. What are the odds!
Numerical coincidences of the Earth, Sun, and Moon